THE FESTIVAL OF EUROPEAN SATIRE “BILLYGOATS”
THE FESTIVAL OF EUROPEAN SATIRE “BILLYGOATS” aims to popularize European satire and integrate and support the artists acting in the field of humour and satire. Smile tempers manners and integrates people and an accurate joke teaches both tolerance and self-criticism. In the age of progressing globalization, satire is even more valuable – it presents numerous shades and forms of European culture. The name “Koziołki”, a Polish word for little billy goats and at the same time a symbol of Poznań.
2. ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
KOZIOŁKI logo – the official logo of the Festival, referring to a well-known in the world symbol and tourist attraction of Poznań: the effigies of two billy goats hitting each other with their horns at noon on the City Hall tower. Dariusz Łabędzki is the author of the logo. The logo has been registered in the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland.
KOZIOŁKI statue – the statue of the Festival presented to the contest winners and to people devoted to the Festival. The statue has been designed by Dariusz Łabędzki and made by the Poznań sculptors Emilia & Jarosław Bogucki.
3. THE FOUNDATION OF THE FESTIVAL OF EUROPEAN SATIRE “BILLYGOATS”
The Foundation has been brought into existence by Dariusz Łabędzki – the Poznań cartoonist, animator and promoter of humour and satire, vice-president of the Polish Caricature Artists Association (SPAK). Dariusz Łabędzki is the inspirer of the Satirical Contest which is the basic element of every edition of the Festival. The Foundation Board consists of outstanding authors, experts and humour and satire animators (from Poland and other European countries) invited by the Founder and Foundation Board to cooperate as jury members as well. The Foundation’s work is based on the statute and its fragments are presented below:
AIMS AND RULES OF THE FOUNDATION’S WORK
The aim of the Foundation is to popularize European culture and support the culture and art creators through:
1. Creating artistic activities, phenomena and happenings,
2. Supporting and promoting artistic undertakings, especially in the field of
European satire and humour,
3. Helping the artists with their projects,
4. Works of art and culture promotion,
5. Providing welfare for culture and art creators,
6. Culture and art creators’ integration,
7. Integration of opinion makers and European satire and humour events
The Foundation realises its aims through:
1. Organization of and financing:
a) satirical festivals and contests, especially the successive editions of
The Festival of European Satire “BILLYGOATS”,
b) grants for modern culture and art creators and awards for people who realise
- exhibitions of the works of European culture and art creators, especially the works from the field of European satire and humour,
- trainings, conferences and seminars for culture creators,
- welfare for culture and art creators, especially from the field of European satire and humour,
- the purchase of materials, equipment, accessories and tools for culture and art creators and chosen scientific-didactic entities.
2. Cooperation with institutions and organizations acting within the scope of Foundation’s
3. Promotion of European satire and its artists in the media,
4. Running publishing activity within the scope of Foundation’s aims.
Fundacja Festiwalu Satyry Europejskiej KOZIOŁKI
ul. Mazurska 15, 60-433 Poznań, Poland